Friday, May 27, 2016

...the resplendence around him...


Thundershowers howls and yowls, shapeshifter lovers.

Yep, a whole lot thunder and rain on the tame prairie recently, and it looks like there could be more thunderstorms on the way. So far, no local flooding...that's a good thing.

Anyway, since I have to use the chromebox for internet access, that's put a real crimp in my ability to post, given Google docs is just a mess to use. Another major disappointment...my old, newly purchased XP computer seems to be working okay, however I need wordperfect 12 for my files, or end up spending tons of time creating openoffice files...plus, I prefer using wordperfect...well, I ordered what I thought was an old wordperfect CD...the description of said product on Amazon said a CD was included...but NOPE, when I got it, all that I received was a useless manual with info that could be found on the web...so I still have no wordperfect CD to use, given the original is only good for the original computer...the upshot, I complained to Amazon, and suggested they get rid of that lying seller...and I wanted my money back. On the good side, Amazon did give me a refund, had me fill out a form about the seller...then I got an email saying they were suspending that seller's account. Truth is, I never had a problem before with orders NOT being as advertized.
So now, I guess I'll have to try a wordperfect 12 download...gosh knows what that will cost...
Enough about that...I'm editing/revising the final chapters of WAITING FOR A FILLY GIRL...how long that will take, who knows?...given the *who knows what will happen next in my life that stops me?* situation I've been in for far too long.

So, for your entertainment, here's a little snippet where my hero, Drev, is experiencing Keina's realm, Equirion.


Tagline: Ex super-soldier boy meets winged filly girl. Will they live happily ever after? In Wolf Peak Territory anything is possible.

~~~~~~

Snippet from ~ Chapter Fifty: A Damn Mountain of Love

"I believe this fountain pool will suit you." The King waved his arm toward the nearest circular stone structure.

Entranced in a good way, Drev moved to the bubbling water, and dipped his finger to test the temperature. Pleasantly warm.

"Speak higher or lower, the heat will adjust, Drev of Earth. I will leave you for now."

Once the King departed, Drev stripped off the remains of his jeans. The inviting, ozone-rich smell of the water steamed inside his nostrils, and within moments, he was submerged.

Mesmerized, Drev wandered his gaze over the resplendence around him. Only his travels in Romania—the off-the-beaten path castles he'd visited while on a secret mission for an archeologist friend—could compare to this magical splendor.

Mineral water. Like a hot springs, he thought, as he sank deeper. His muscles surrendered, and his healing accelerated, vibrating his entire body.

Drev shut his eyes. How odd was fate?

Here he was inside a not-to-be-believed castle, soaking in the King's bathing area...in a realm he couldn't have envisioned. Not in a million damn years.

Yet, from what he understood about the social system of Equirion, he'd stallion-won Keina as his own. So far, he'd psi-detected no deceit from the King, either.

That was another huge relief. Drev released a long breath, and relaxed deeply.

~~~~~~ 


BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5506268940242484050  
Wishing you romance on the wild side…  

Kisses, Savanna Kougar

No comments:

Post a Comment