Friday, December 6, 2019

White Stags of the Tuatha Dé Danann... the Squirrel Invasion...



Early December howls and yowls, shapeshifter lovers. 

Isn't that a gorgeous Celtic-inspired image? Well, once upon a time, during the age of the Atlantean colonization--that is, after the fall of the Great Atlantis civilization because of a series of catastrophes and catastrophic wars... when the Tuatha Dé Danann, one powerful sect of Atlantean magicians... when they arrived in Ireland, many of the women had white stags as pets, and as protector animals. 


These psychically powerful women would ride about the splendid lands on their magnificent elegant beasts. At that time, telepathy was common between humans and their most beloved pets. As well, there was an art to breeding beautiful and intelligent companion animals. Domestication as it evolved later, was never part of Atlantis culture. 


Can you imagine this pleasure? Prancing, galloping across the emerald isle while astride your own white stag? 





*** 

Okay, my authorly endeavors are still suffering. I've made a little progress. Why so little? I am still putting out numerous, what I am now calling 'brushfires' in my life, and more just keep popping up--for several months now... big, very big sighs. 

One of the latest 'brushfires' is the squirrel invasion of my attic. Okay, there have been squirrels in the past. One was a very nice squirrel who rarely made noise and would curl up above me when I went to bed. I suppose for the warmth. However, the latest batch are rambunctious, noisy, destructive. It used to be I could chase the naughty ones out when I banged the attic, spring-loaded door. 

Nope, not these latest bad critters. They just wait it out, and continue their rampage through my attic when they think it's safe. Now, of course, I don't want to harm these squirrels, no matter how pesky. I just WANT them out of my attic. After all, there are numerous large trees--perfect for squirrel nests, many of them occupied, yes. But there's plenty of good places outside to build a comfy cozy nest, and lots of good building materials. 

To chase these stubborn squirrels out, I've tried several methods. Okay, they don't like incense. So I burn sticks near ventilation openings. It hasn't been enough to solve the problem though. I read that squirrels don't like peppermint. I've tried spraying, and placing peppermint-oil saturated cotton balls in the attic, which does seem to work for awhile. 

These long-tailed, furry little monsters are so loud, tumbling about I can't sleep. So, I've done battle, shouting at them...I even purchased one of those piercing loud party horns... hurts my ears, I can tell ya ... yeah, this battle is so not fun when you trying to get some sleep. When you need sleep. 

And, while the terrible horn noise does get their attention, and the little beasts quit tormenting me for awhile... but oh no, they don't leave. I'm forced to hear their tromping-about antics, their destructive scratching and chewing. I think they're dropping and playing with nuts, too. 

Well, two days ago I discovered why these squirrel pests refuse to leave. They've built a nest inside the overhang from the roof, yep, right next to my bedroom. So, risking life and limb I got on a step ladder and shoved a couple of peppermint-oil swathes of cotton into the nest. That stopped them for almost a day...that and the incense I keep burning... well, to sum up for now, today, instead of risking a nasty fall, I used a squirt bottle to spray peppermint-infused water beneath their nest... we'll see... 




Run on the Wild Side of Romance  

Kisses, 

Savanna Kougar

No comments:

Post a Comment